What is the first phone that you think of when it comes to the most up-to-date technology and style? What is the first mobile phone that you think of when you are wondering what to get next? Odds are it is the Apple iPhone. Even if you have decided that you don’t want one it will have entered your head to dismiss – and the reason for that is because the iPhone is hugely successful.
But why? What makes the Apple iPhone stand out from the crowd of ‘next gen’ mobiles that we see on the market place today? What fuels it’s success?
Why the iPhone has Become so Successful
There are a wide range of factors that are helping to push the iPhone beyond the success of any of it’s competitors, and such a vast number if reasons can’t be covered here, so instead let us look at the most important factors in the growth and growth of the iPhone revolution.
- The Apple Brand. The Apple brand is huge. From Macs to iPods and much more besides, Apple is a massive player in the consumer electronics industry. More importantly it has a massive, almost fanatical, following that love to ‘buy Apple’. These evangelists of the brand not only help drive up sales by buying anything and everything to do with Apple but also sing it’s praises from every point they can. Blogs, forums, word of mouth – all will see Apple fans talking about how great the products, such as the iPhone, are.
The Apple brand is also a trusted name by those that are less fanatical, and as such having the brand behind the iPhone means that it can trade on that trust in a way that a lot of other technology companies can’t
- Technology. Apple is at the cutting edge of a lot of media technologies and as such the iPhone has benefited from this with a lot of technology integration for software and hardware that were first developed for the best selling iPod and Apple Macs.
- Applications. One of the major factors in the growth of the iPhone has been the apps functions. Basically an application is a piece of software that gets added to the iPhone and then adds some sort of functionality. It could be something as simple as a currency conversion software to using GPS systems to allow you to see your position on various mapping software’s.
- Integration. The iPhone can integrate with your current technology seamlessly. It is easily added to your various Apple accounts such as iTunes, but can also directly link to your email via such things as the Microsoft exchange server. Certain apps can also be used in such a manner, for example using various CRM databases to synchronise, allowing you to take the information on the road.
- Marketing. Let us be simple, Apple have made a great job of marketing the phone as a next generation, lifestyle handset that has led to many people wanting it simply from the adverts they have seen on TV, in magazines etc.